by His good grace...

Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One Month later seems like forever

Can I even begin to express what emotions I have been through these past four weeks? My life has been turned upside down, pushed to the side, but through God's faithfulness has been right-sided again.
Seriously, where do I begin?

I'm sitting in the upper level of the BTS. It has a lovely view of the lake. The snow is so beautiful and I have been listening to Christmas music all morning. Shh... don't tell anyone. I think I promised not to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. It just feels so appropriate to listen to it today of all days. God has been good.
Last night, my org assembled the breakfast in bed bags and we delivered them this morning at the bright hour of 6am. :) Rach and I went to Faith last night... let's just say that the rumors are true. Sudden thought: that's why I'm listening to Christmas music. I felt like Santa's little helper as a delivered the bags. Caleb got me a bag..... what a sweetie. At a later time, I will share how we reconciled. It's still a work but we're getting there.

I had a super difficult test in A&P. The muscle lab. I did alright, but I purposely misread my score and shared. How foolish.

My family has changed. My dad suffered a psychotic break down the day I left Pearl. He was hospitalized for two weeks. I went to my cousin's house and cried. I told myself that I wasn't going to, but of course I did. It was good for my family and for me. I read some of my mother's blog entries and she is loving life right now. My dad was brought to a breaking point in his marriage, his faith, and his priorities. He was pursuing wealth and not Mom or God. This experience has really changed things around. I really wish that I blogged during this time. It was a real testing time for me as well. I was broken and could only trust God. There was nothing that I could do but cry out to God day and night. It was sweet because my every waking thought was God. I learned to trust God in ways that I hadn't before. Even though I'm not at the same place I was two weeks ago, I still am in love with my savior. I also got some really good talks with Kate W. She is such a girl after God's heart and she was such an encouragement. Everyone was so sweet. You know who all your good friends are when your family goes through a crisis like this. I am so thankful for all the friends that God gave me.

I'm switching majors back to psychology.
I'm going to Florida in 6 days and 15 hours.
I just devoured a cinnamon crunch bagel.
I loved hanging out with Brooke and Joy super super late last night and watching dane cook (edited!!).
Tuesdays are my favorite because I only have one class and can spend the morning in studies. I'm a morning girl again and I get my best work done before 11.
I'm really good friends with Cynthia now because she went through a crisis with her bf. We're lifting weights at 4.
I might write an article for the student newspaper.
I love love love Abby H. We wrote our lit papers and watched two movies. We're going to watch a movie this weekend. ;)
I worked a xc meet in the freezing cold on Sat and now I get a free t-shirt.
I skip OT like it's my job.... micro too, for that matter. Shame shame shame.
I really want to watch Eloise!!!

love love love you all!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I want to know God. I want to desire Him more than anything or anyone.

Spring 2009 Classes

  • Abnormal Psychology
  • History and Systems
  • Learning and Cognition
  • Physiological Psychology
  • Research Methods
  • Structure and Function II
Powered By Blogger