Do everything without complaining and without arguing, so that you make become blameless and pure children of God in a crooked and depraved generation in which you shine like the stars in the universe. -I Cor
I have have thinking of these words all day. I don't complain out-loud so much, but I am definitely griping on the inside. It shows on my face. It makes my day difficult. It brings lines of worry to my forehead. This must stop because it is taking God's place in my life. Instead of thinking on how difficult my life is (which is my fault, so it is not truly difficult), I should focus on praising God. God has been so good to me. I am so frustrated with myself for focusing on my selfish wants and desires. 'Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart' -Psalms. There you go. I am going to make this blog a praise blog for awhile and see where that goes. Tomorrow is a puppets night, and I have to write a paper. Hm...much to do. I am reminded of a quote, I'll probably butcher the wording: "I have so much to do today, I'll have to pray for hours to get it all done"...or something to that effect. Basically, instead of putting God in the margin of life, we must place Him in the center of it. I know, I know, you smart people all know this. Hey, even I know this. I still need to be reminded from time to time.
Things to be thankful for:
I had a lovely time with Abby. I'm so glad she's my friend.
My piano teacher is compassionate.
I have the sweetest roommate.
I was born in a Christian family with parents who loved me, loved each-other and loved God. I never had to worry about abuse or where my next meal was coming from. I am truly blessed.
I can walk. I can see. I can touch. *sigh* I can breathe.
I am on the puppet team.
I have clear skin...perhaps a vain thing to be thankful for, but I truly am thankful.
I'm glad Amanda is my friend.
I'm in the Hive sitting across from Brooke, typing on my Mac.
It smells like spring outside.
I'm going to have another first cousin once removed.
I have a soft bed to sleep in.
*sigh*
I think I'll go crawl into that sweet soft bed.
I love you Lord. Thank you for all the blessings you have poured into my life. Thank you for being a God of grace and compassion. Help me focus on your majesty tomorrow instead of my problems. My the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be ever pleasing in your sight, O Rock, My Redeemer and Friend.
-love grace
by His good grace...
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- gracie
- I want to know God. I want to desire Him more than anything or anyone.
Spring 2009 Classes
- Abnormal Psychology
- History and Systems
- Learning and Cognition
- Physiological Psychology
- Research Methods
- Structure and Function II

2 comments:
I Didn't Have Time
I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day!
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn't have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me,
And heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask!"
I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided,
"Why, child, you didn't knock!"
I wanted to see joy and beauty,
But the day toiled on, gray and bleak.
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, "But you didn't seek."
I woke up early this morning,
And paused before entering the day.
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time to pray!
By Grace L. Naessens
“I have so much to do today that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”
~Martin Luther
Post a Comment