by His good grace...

Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend Warriors

Episode 1

May term's first weekend began 90 minutes sooner than it should have. We always get out of class early. Perhaps I am not getting my moneys worth but I am not complaining. I rescued my bike from the campus safety prison and borrowed some soundtracks from the library. I already felt extremely accomplished for the day. We enjoyed a quiet family meal around the kitchen table and ate left overs. I even ate some chicken, mostly because I was made, but it was still good.

The phone rang. It was Tim asking if I wanted to watch Iron Man with a group of other students. I considered my options carefully, weighing each possibility, because the issue of time spendage on Fridays nights is of utmost importance. Tim, a piquant character and fellow collegue, was quite munificent in picking me up a good mile off campus. I am inclined to sequester myself into my room and divulge in the habit of leisurely reading. However, campus fever is endemic to students, even to off-campus students. I was easily induced into accepting the invitation.

It was fun.

7 students squashed into one tiny little car. Because of the bucket seats in front, we fit 5 people into the back seat. Crazy no? I sat on the floor, and Hanna pretty sat on me. Tim laid over all the people on the seats on the way there. Coming back, all four of them sat on the seats. Yes, it was very tight.
The movie was good I guess, not great dialogue. Lots of action. No real redemptive story. However, it was fun. Just the experience of it all was fun.

Jon and Tim both rode back. They're rooming together over May term. It makes me smile.

I went to Naomi's place over the weekend. We worked on our homework and made the most amazing smoothies. We stayed up 'til 2 am talking. It was so much fun. I woke up to thunder on Sunday morning which was really exciting. I slept on and off all day until church time. I got a lot of reading done.

I can't believe it's already Monday. I had a little bike accident today and now my chin is all beat up and my left wrist is sprained. Not fun.

I'm going to a health lecture thing tonight, other than that, I'm free! Plus I need to write a paper and study for a test. LOL. lots to do.

Cheers!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I want to know God. I want to desire Him more than anything or anyone.

Spring 2009 Classes

  • Abnormal Psychology
  • History and Systems
  • Learning and Cognition
  • Physiological Psychology
  • Research Methods
  • Structure and Function II
Powered By Blogger