by His good grace...

Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

How Long?

Psalm 13 (New International Version)

Psalm 13
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.



The Lord has been good to me, but lately I have been so sad. I can't explain it. I feel pressure from every place and every situation. I feel like I'm the 'other' friend in certain relationships. I'm looking for my satisfaction in all the wrong places. I don't know if I can keep strong. That's where grace comes in. In reality, I can do nothing apart from God. Instead of praying "God help me with this" I need to be open to the fact that maybe God doesn't want me to walk this path.

Its just a crazy time in my life. It might be (hopefully will be) my last semester here. It has been fun. The first semester was rough. The second year was amazing. This year... eh, I can't complain, but I'm ready for the next step in life.

Dear God, don't leave me alone with these thoughts and feelings. I can't bear them! How long must I live like this? For your glory, lift me out of this rut. I'm not shineing your light when I'm so sad all the time. For your sake, come rescue me. Don't let the enemy win.
Help me see the blessings you have constantly poured into my life. You have done so much for me even though I don't deserve anything. You have been good to me. Don't let me despair or give to much credance to the small afflictions.
Teach me to love you.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I want to know God. I want to desire Him more than anything or anyone.

Spring 2009 Classes

  • Abnormal Psychology
  • History and Systems
  • Learning and Cognition
  • Physiological Psychology
  • Research Methods
  • Structure and Function II
Powered By Blogger