by His good grace...

Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Can I just say that I love my advisor?

She was so helpful. I am dropping my double major in psychology because, lets face it, unless you go to grad school for that sort of thing it does you no good.

I'm picking up some extra sciences classes like physics and organic chemistry. I want to keep my options open for PT school if God so takes me down that path. I have been talking to my parents and some other people and I don't think that taking additional psychology classes are going to help me with what I want to do. Here is what I was thinking: I want to use my extra credit hours for physics and maybe a couple other sciences that will enable me to enroll in PT school or even med school. I know I want the nursing undergraduate degree but I want more options for grad school. What I want in my perfect little world is Plan A: graduate with my nursing degree, marry the wonderful man I have yet to meet, work part time and have a few kids, go to grad school in 10 years or so and then teach. If that doesn't work out I'll try Plan B: graduate from nursing: work a year then go to grad school for either PT or nurse practitioner and get what is needed so I can teach nursing. I'd like to go back to little Storm Lake, Iowa and teach at the very same school that told me I couldn't do it. I could have such a ministry to my students there, especially since they don't come from a Christian background at all. I know that God probably has a Plan C for me somewhere. Who knows if I'll go that far in my schooling. I just want to discuss what I need to still take for nursing, and see if I can fit in some of the extra stuff like physics. I just have a class I could drop, but I might drop it anyway. I'll have to pray some more on it.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I want to know God. I want to desire Him more than anything or anyone.

Spring 2009 Classes

  • Abnormal Psychology
  • History and Systems
  • Learning and Cognition
  • Physiological Psychology
  • Research Methods
  • Structure and Function II
Powered By Blogger