by His good grace...

Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

College City

        I love Pearl. Just to be sitting in her presence is wonderful. I made a last minute decision to visit her. Originally, I was going to visit my family, but they were too far away. Also, with the whole Caleb falling out thing, I didn’t really want to stick around the villa.
        I packed in a rush. Hurriedly throwing everything I could think of in my bag, I just tried not to panic into staying. I didn’t bother with the necessitates like shampoo and contact solution. Pearl had everything I needed. The important things were clothes and school books. I had to study this weekend. I was having a test in every class next week, plus I’m tutoring now. I must be prepared. I decided not to bring my heavy Anatomy and Physiology book and returned it to the shelf. For once I was glad that the teacher made us pay extra to access the book online. I threw the last scattered accessories over my unzipped duffle and headed out the door for class. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. It wasn’t bitter cold, in fact, it was rather warm. I shrugged off my sweater and noticed everyone else was bare armed as well.
        The day dragged on. It’s amazing how slow time seems when you have something to look forward too. I couldn’t really be excited though, because I wasn’t packed and Caleb still hadn’t read the letter. I met him outside of Chapel so we could discuss the plans. I think I was rude to him, but I had class and he didn’t meet me where he said he would so I was late.
        It was a long ride. Not as long as a last time. But long enough.
        And then I saw Pearl.
        It was all better after that. We slept together in her top bunk bed and it was as if we were children again. Will this ever happen again?

        I stretched my body carefully. I didn’t want to wake Pearl. Poor girl, she had to stay up so late writing a paper last night. What would today hold in store for us? I was so excited to be here. Imagine... a real state college. I hoped I could call myself an ---- grad student someday.
        Pearl stirred beside me and started climbing down before I did. We went for a jog in the brisk morning air. We were so excited to be running we didn’t even realize we missed our first turn. 90 minutes and 6 miles later we took the bus back to her dorm. We explored the mall and Anne Taylor Loft became Pearl’s favorite clothing store. We went back to college town and went to a bagel store and studied. We attended the worship part of the college fellowship group. A girl shared how she grew up in a secular home but came to know Christ at the beginning of the semester. I was so happy. It was so encouraging. I was wide eyed as I walked back. It’s so different here than cville. Would I have thrived in an environment such as this?
        We watched Stardust as we went to bed. As Victoria had promised, it was cheesy and funny. I would watch it again.
        I didn’t feel like doing anything on Friday. Pearly went to class and I squandered my morning away with frivolous activities. We hung at the mall a little bit before buying food at Wal-mart. We watched some tv while we ate a super late supper. As consequence, I seriously wasted (down right wasted) my morning. I didn’t go running until 12 and then I took a nap at 2. My shower felt glorious and I finally got ready for the day around 3. Pearly and I are now at the mall, sitting in Panera. She is studying/looking for a job online and I am wondering if coffee is bad enough for you or if coffee + splenda is even worse.
        I called Christine and got depressed. I called home and got really stressed. So to alleviate my distress I am writing, which helps me de-stress.
        I hate coffee.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I want to know God. I want to desire Him more than anything or anyone.

Spring 2009 Classes

  • Abnormal Psychology
  • History and Systems
  • Learning and Cognition
  • Physiological Psychology
  • Research Methods
  • Structure and Function II
Powered By Blogger